About Me

Thanks for visiting my blog. My name is Kea. I am a happily married, stay at home mother. I make cakes part time from home, and love every minute of it. I have been baking and decorating cakes since 2009. This blog is mainly a gallery of my work as I practice and sharpen my cake decorating skills. I hope you enjoy!! Comments are always appreciated :)

Thursday, March 27, 2014

"Holy crap, you're old!" cake

I got a request to make toilet cake for an over the hill birthday. This is what i came up with. What do you think? All the details were so fun :) 

The toilet had 3 sections, covered in fondant individually, then assembled. Then I added all the fun details. The tooth brush and toothpaste on the tank, blue piping gel used for the toothpaste. Silver flush handle. I piped blue buttercream on for a shaggy rug with a grass tip. The yellow liquid in the toilet bowl is yellow piping gel. The toilet paper roll was made by rolling out white fondant super thin and adding a quilted pattern with a rolling texture cake tool. I used an edible black marker for the writing.






No comments:

Post a Comment