About Me

Thanks for visiting my blog. My name is Kea. I am a happily married, stay at home mother. I make cakes part time from home, and love every minute of it. I have been baking and decorating cakes since 2009. This blog is mainly a gallery of my work as I practice and sharpen my cake decorating skills. I hope you enjoy!! Comments are always appreciated :)

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

"Party" giant cupcake cake

My second attempt at a giant cupcake cake. Party theme with light purple, green, blue and pink as the colors scheme. Covered in fondant, with curly-cues, colorful dragees (beads) and a fondant cherry on top .




This time I made a hard candy 'shell' to act as a cupcake wrapper for my cake. I did this by melting candy melts and pouring them into my cake pan (which has the necessary grooves), then turn it sit upside down for awhile to drain off excess (the candy coats the inside of the pan). Once it hardens, it can pop right out





1 comment: