About Me

Thanks for visiting my blog. My name is Kea. I am a happily married, stay at home mother. I make cakes part time from home, and love every minute of it. I have been baking and decorating cakes since 2009. This blog is mainly a gallery of my work as I practice and sharpen my cake decorating skills. I hope you enjoy!! Comments are always appreciated :)

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Frozen theme cake

I made this beautiful cake for my sweet & spunky niece Brooklyn. She loved it! She requested a cake in the most popular little girl theme ever right now, Disney's Frozen. I didn't want to put the characters on the cake, I wanted to make something a bit different from everyone else.

I horizontaly layered paper thin aqua/blue fondant that I 'ruffled' to create this look. I used 5 different shades to achieve the ombre look. I added white sugar to the top and added a handmade Elsa crown. The crown was made of fondant and painted edible gold. And I couldn't forget the snowflakes. Everything was crazy dusted in my favorite ever edible glittering dust (the rhinestone band around the base of the cake is not edible, its plastic)




No comments:

Post a Comment