About Me

Thanks for visiting my blog. My name is Kea. I am a happily married, stay at home mother. I make cakes part time from home, and love every minute of it. I have been baking and decorating cakes since 2009. This blog is mainly a gallery of my work as I practice and sharpen my cake decorating skills. I hope you enjoy!! Comments are always appreciated :)

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Pink Grover theme cake

This cake was pretty fun, although the sculpting element was a little bit of a challenge for me. The client wanted a Grover cake for his daughters birthday, but still wanted it to be cute and girly (not Sesame St.). Her favorite colors were pink and purple, and just to tie Grover in I added blue.

I sculpted Grover from fondant and then 'painted' him with dark blue buttercream. Once all the elements were dry (Grover, curly Q's and the 'explosion' top) the cake could be assembled. 

I have never sculpted a character like this before. I think he turned out pretty good :)







No comments:

Post a Comment